Wednesday, August 31, 2011

To Sir with Love.


1960's Peter Pan Collar Dress (Thrifted, $1)
1960's Satin Rockabilly Tie (Ebay)
1994 Girl Scout Pin (DIY)
Cut Out White Flats (Thrifted)


My car got broken into last night!  Geez!  Never had that happen before.  Luckily, I didn't have anything worth money, so all they ended up taking was change (I think).  Everything was thrown around my car, and even though not much was taken, it still freaked me out a little.  I will never understand how someone can steal from another person.  Go steal something from Wal Mart.  Steal something from a giant money hungry corporation.  Not a person trying to get by like you. 


I'm loving my outfit today!  Reminded me of 'To Sir with Love' immediately.  I LOVE that movie.  Still.  So, the dress became mine the minute I saw the Peter Pan collar, something I constantly look for, but can never find!  The satin, black tie is from the shop, which isn't selling because it's too small for every man that tried it on...  so soon to become mine!  Muahahaha.


The girl scout patch is my personal patch from my stint in girl scouts.  I'm not going to lie, I hated girl scouts SO much.  I just couldn't do it.  BUT, oh how I love the patches!  I've made all of them into pins so that I can transfer them from outfit to outfit, and use them forever.  I'm in the process of posting them (and a crap load of other things) onto my personal Etsy, so I'll let you know when I do!  I've been a craft-o-holic lately guys.  It's all I do.  I'm really into felt, so I've been slaving away making coasters, garlands, framed collages, etc.  (also to be on Etsy soon!).  I've been thinking of putting a handmade corner in the shop for some time, and after talking to a friend, I think it's time to get it together, and try to sell my stuff!  Couldn't hurt, right? 


I'm starving!  That reminds me, you remember yesterday how I was all gung ho about not eating out, etc.?  Yesterday, Jimmy surprised me with takeout from the only (and my favorite) vegan restaurant in town.  He got me a chicken sandwich (the one thing I mentioned yesterday, lol), and a piece of pb chocolate cake.  How could I not accept that?  Haha.  It was delicioso. 



I'll leave you with some pictures of ol' Sidney.  Seriously, if you haven't seen the movie, watch it!!!  :)
See you tomorrow, ally.









No comments:

Post a Comment