Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Stevie Mex.


1970's Straw Floppy Hat (Thrifted)
1970's Sheer Gypsy Dress (Friended, Lea :)
Nude Platforms (Thrifted, $4)
Elephant Earrings (Heirloom)
Llama Pin (Mexican Culture Fest, $1)
Felt Flower (DIY)



Well, hello!  Why does it feel like an eternity since the last post?  I wish I had some good stories to tell you from the weekend- but I don't.  I slept, and vegged out whenever I could :).  That said- I'm totally ready to party this weekend- and it's a good thing because I have 3 birthday parties to go to, haha.  All of my friends were born within the same 2 weeks apparently.  



So, this is another one of those dresses that I would never seek out- but then I try it on and love it.  I don't know, I still am not sure if I'm going to keep it...   Generally I don't keep anything unless I am 100% in love.  But, this one is riding the line people.  I feel like a mix between Stevie Nicks/Gypsy/Mexican dancer.  I like it.  The fabric is really what does it- it's thin, and soft, and comfortable :).


Oh yeah, 'Maritime' was great!  Although, they did sound pretty different live.  Their albums have a dreamy quality that doesn't seem to translate into live form.  BUT, it was great, and they played all my favorite songs :).  Yesterday, I rented a random movie from the library, and it was probably the saddest movie I've seen in a while.  'Harvest' was the name, and it followed a family in the midst of the grandfather passing away.  Had I read the back, I would've known this, but I didn't, so I was stuck bawling my eyes out for 2 hours.  GOD IT WAS SAD.  It was really great movie though; very touching. 


Has anyone gotten into the new 'Wavves' cd?  I've known about them for a good amount of time, and I guess they finally won me over.  My current favorite song is titled, "Green Eyes".  There are still a few songs I can't quite get into, but overall, I'm digging it. 



Llama pin!  I love this little guy!  I worked at the Cincinnati Museum Center a couple years ago, and periodically they have 'culture fest' for various cultures.  I got him at the Mexican culture fest for about $1, and it's turned out to be one of my favorite brooches.  I love buying handmade stuff from the person that made it :).




I think I figured out my Halloween costumes!  Now I just have to find out how many parties I'll be attending, and then start making/sewing accordingly.  It's too far away, agghhh!  

ally.


No comments:

Post a Comment