Friday, July 1, 2011

A League of their Own.


1970's floral scarf (Thrifted)
1960's blouse (Thrifted)
1970's mom shorts (Goodwill)
1950's mystery word brooch (Heirloom)
Pea green tennies (U.O.)


Today was all about comfort for me folks!  Every single thing that there could possibly be a bill for, is due today.  Universe, you have won again.  Haha, I'm just joking, I'm in surprisingly good spirits considering.  It's just funny that everything in life always has to happen at once :). 


I have alot of running around to do today, so I figured a no-makeup, comfy outfit was in order- then I found purple lipstick I didn't know I had..  Score!  I promise I won't talk about movies EVERY day, but aww, how good was "A League of their Own"?  And the clothes & hair!  One thing I love about the 1940's & 50's, is that every girl pretty much looked attractive, you know?  Even girls that wouldn't be considered drop dead gorgeous, or even cute now a days.  They just were so perfectly put together.  Don't get me wrong, I understand why women stopped (liberation, time, etc.), but too bad it has to be one extreme or another. 


The scarf snood is such a great idea when you don't want to wash your hair or mess with an actual hairstyle.  It looks like you took the time to do some ornate scarf work, but really it only takes about 5 min.  Score #2!



Ahh, this shirt is so comfortable, and I got it on my b-day thrifting outing :). 




Okay, seriously, now I have to go pay things.  Hope you enjoyed :).  Oh yeah!  My new camera has a "food" setting, so here is a picture of my lunch....
(No, I couldn't resist)
:)  ally. 


1 comment:

  1. I really really like this outfit! My favorite looks are when you are wearing sneakers or tennis shoes. These little green tennies look amazing on you. Love the blog and your style ;-))

    ReplyDelete