Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Bummer.


1960's Lt. Blue Blouse (Thrifted, $2)
1970's DIY skirt (Made out of a Thrifted Mumu, $1)
1970's Bass Sandals (Thrifted, $6)
1960's Neck Pouch (Friended, thanks Linds!)


Oh yes, I'm a lazy one today.  I am in love with this top, and I finally found (altered an existing) slip top to wear under it.  Thin, soft vintage blouses are the holy grail in summer, but then you have to wear a tank underneath, which pretty much defeats the purpose of wearing a thin airy top to begin with... ahhh.  The skirt I made out of a thrifted 1970's mumu.  It is soooo soft and thin.  And, these sandals have become my go to shoe- I'm sure you've noticed, haha.  It's hard to be creative when there are SO comfortable.  :)


Oh god, the city inspector just came in.  Errrr.  I've been dreading it, and kind of hoped that they forgot about us...  Nope, they didn't, and now the fire dept has to come in.  :(.  Oh well.  I just want it to be over with.  They are just so nit-picky about everything. 


A band that I love is coming soon!  Maritime, an awesome band, is going to be playing downtown for free this summer.  I'm so pumped :).  I haven't ridden my bike to dowtown Cincy yet this summer, so I'm looking forward to a reason! 

Haha, I love this picture:  The back of the skirt, used to be the front of the mumu, so there are the spots where the pockets once were.  Now they look like perfectly placed butt cheek stains.  Hehe. 


I find it so unfortunate that I wasted so much of my youth believing in the 'American Dream'.  Don't get me wrong, I was a very disillusioned youth.  BUT, still, deep down, in a very hidden place, I still very much had the voice in the back of my head reminding me that I should be making a million dollars a year, that I should have a "big name job", I should be envied in my professional & home life, and that I have to be pretty (model standards) while I do it.  After all I am a woman, right?  It is so disgusting that we are raised in a society that makes you feel like you are nothing, if you aren't everything.  I am so thankful that I've snapped out of it while I still have youth on my side.  Let me tell you people, it is all bullshit.  Let's be proud of the little things we do everyday, let's treat each other with the kindness that we wish we received, let's respect nature!  Being ourselves is so beautiful.  Why do we try so hard to hide it with stuff, and things, and someone elses ideals?  These are things I continue to work on everyday, and probably will for the rest of my life.  But every day it gets easier, and every day it gets better.  Let's scream, "I am a nobody, and I am proud!" on the top of our lungs!  Why not? 


End rant!


I told you that we remodeled the store, and so I leave you with pictures ;0.  Hope you enjoy, ally. 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Oh! Darling Vintage::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

3 comments:

  1. God Im so jealous I dont work in a shop like yours! Im suprised you get any work done, Id be so tempted to take EVERYTHING home with me lol.
    Hope it all goes ok with the inspectors!
    The skirt is gorgeous and Im loving the cheeky dark patches, they really emphasise in a nice way :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha.. you're skinny on your blog too!
    It's not the camera.
    G

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading your views on perceived success - yes it's a load of bullshit. Success is like beauty though - it's all in the eye of the beholder. I feel successful in some aspects in my life, while in other aspects I know things will get better. It's not failure, I just know from experience that we can't be running on all cylinders all the time - some things have to just wait their turn don't they? I don't have my own home anymore, or my furniture and the kids' rooms are no longer decorated with the vintage treasures, or curtains and patchwork made by me. They are just memories. More memories to come. xoxo

    ReplyDelete