Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fore!!




1970's Baby blue scarf (Thrifted)
1950's/60's Cat eye glasses (Wholesale)
1960's Golfing outfit (Ebay)
Saddle shoes (Internet)



Seriously guys, this golfing outfit is the shit!  I can't believe it actually fits!  It came in the mail yesterday (bought on ebay for $5), and did not expect it to fit one bit.  Ahh, this is one of those things that I didn't know I wanted until I saw it :).  Gloriously weird!  Each button hole has a flag, and the buttons have hole numbers on them.  It came with matching shorts.  :)  Can I be in a John Waters movie now please?  I'm set. 


I don't know what is going on lately, but the universe keeps throwing me new friends :).  It hasn't happened in a rally long time.  I have met such nice people in the past week or two; every single one of them feels like a great long term friend oppurtunity.  If you are reading this, and I have met/hung out with you recently: I love you!  Haha, I'm having a great day, and the sun is shining. 


I wore this outfit last night to our favorite bar, and it was a big hit :).  I just want to say that I love getting older.  I learn so many things every day, and I am so thankful to be alive.  My favorite thing about life is learning new skill sets/lessons/etc.  Right now I am getting really, really into sewing.  It feels like a whole new world, even though I have known how to sew/make clothing for a long time.  Patterns are really what I am focusing on right now- they have always scared the crap out of me, so I always just kind of winged it.  You know what?  The more I do, the less scary they become.  I love it. 





Haha. 





Below are the 2 skirts I have made in the past week.  I keep making them, and then have no tops to go with them!  Damn.  So, I couldn't take it anymore, and just went ahead and took pictures.  Just to prove that they exist :).  After work, I am going to fiinish a crop top I'm making to go with one of them.  I'm itching to take them out on the town! 

My mom and I made this :).  The first zipper I put in with the sewing machine!  I used to be horrified of the zipper foot...  now I can't believe how easy it is! 

Just finished this baby last night- made it out of a giant 1960's mumu I thrifted.  You can't really tell, but it buttons down the front, and there is a round pocket on each side :). 

Okay dudes, I have to try on a bunch of awesome vintage stuff a friend brought in today- and then go home! (I really don't want to work today at all, it is WAY too nice outside)

Until tuesday- ally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment