Saturday, June 18, 2011

Animal Crackers in my Soup.


Big, fat avocado green hair yarn
1970's "Corkey Craig" mini dress

(Brown tights, Flats)



Sorry for the lack of quality/bulk with the pictures today.  It is a rainy, gloomy day and my camera apparently cannot handle that! 

That being said, look at this dress~ it is so whimsical, and cheery, BUT it is soooo short.  I am a teeny bit over 5' and it is almost uncomfortable short.  So, yeah, tights are a must with this one :).  I purchased a lot off of Ebay before we opened the store, and this little number was in there.  Had to keep it for at least a couple wears before selling it (if I do..)! 




Random thought:  I made some awesome tofu "cutlets" last night for dinner.  Mmmm.  I even slightly breaded them, and they tasted like chicken-y fingers when dipped in ketchup :).  After pressing the tofu, the trick is to cut thin pieces, put a little oil in your skillet (add any spices you want), and cook on low for a while- flipping every 5 or 10 minutes.  Then when they feel crispy on the outside, blot with paper towel and let them rest for 5 min.  This lets the tofu bind.  You could make tofu jerky this way too :). 



Hope the sun is shining where you are, and have a great weekend :)- ally.

1 comment:

  1. the dress is awesome <3

    have a nice weekend too!
    http://fitoesmatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete