Tuesday, October 25, 2011

whisky a Go Go.


1960's White Textured Balloon Sleeve & Plaid Mini Dress
(Gifted, $0)
Brown Tights
Lace-up Brown Combats ($26)


Friends!  Check out this dress:  the perfect, perfect 1960's Mod Babydoll, no?  A friend of the shop brought in a treasure trove of vintage, and this was buried and ready to be found!  I'm not gonna lie, I can't believe it actually fit!  :::Sigh:::  Love it so much.  It reminds me of so many things:  Mod, Babydoll, Twiggy, 1960's, 1990's, GoGo, Riot Grrrl... all rolled into one.  Paired with my favorite new boots, this could be one of my favorite outfits ever!  I even got some nice compliments on my way to get coffee :). 


I got a comment recently asking me which Newport I'm in- it's Kentucky!  As someone who migrated to Ky as a young person, I can assure you, it's like anywhere else.  I think it's funny that even adults that I meet (when out of town of course), act surprised that Jimmy and I are from Ky.  I grew up in Florida, so I was pretty horrified to learn that I would be moving to Ky (would have been upset about moving ANYWHERE at that age).  But no, it isn't just a region of media created hick persona's (but of course there is always a reason that stereotypes exist).  I've grown to really enjoy the history of the region, and the beautiful scenery & weather.  Also, looking back, I'm glad that I didn't go to high school in Ft. Lauderdale- things were very "fast" there, as you can imagine. 


By now, you have probably noticed the unruly rugs that inhabit our store.  They are the bane of my existence!!  Grrr- I have to fix them a million times a day, haha.  And we have tried everything to keep them secured to the floor- but alas, nothing solved yet.  Have any suggestions??



Here is a close up of that gorgeous white textured fabric.  There is a 'wave' pattern; and some fantastic balloon sleeves. 
I won't bore you with my weekend; although we did have a fun little cookout!


On Saturday night, my friend Lindsay came over so I could 60's-ify her hair.  She was a 1960's flight attendant.  It looked awesome!  The dress came from our store, which fit her perfectly.  She made her navy pillbox hat, and the wings were her fathers (he was a pilot).  I teased the hell out of her hair, flipped out the ends, and finished it off with a little roll to the side.  We had ONE bobby pin ladies- can't believe that roll held up all night!  Haha, awesome!


This outfit below turned out to be a reject of sorts.  After editing, I felt they were a little boring (?) to be the subject of a whole post.  Although, I found some 1970's brown bootie boots!  I believe it was the day after my post where I call out to the universe to send me some cool boots.  And wouldn't you know, just a few minutes ago, a friend brought in a pair of vintage black riding boots, haha.  Dear god, I hope they fit.  Man, that would totally finish off my list!  :) 


1940's Turban knitted Brown Cap (Yard Sale, $1)
1970's Zip Back Sweater (Thrifted, $3)
Jeans (Bday Gift)
1970's Boots (Thrifted)


And that my friends, is one long post.  Hope you enjoyed!  See you tomorrow :)
ally.








No comments:

Post a Comment