Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ramblin' Man.



Orange Lipstick
1960's Corduroy & Arrows Blazer (Thrifted, $1)
Black Plain V-neck (Thrifted, $2)
Black Levi's Jeans (Gifted, $25)
Brown Lace-ups ($26)

expensive day, eh?




Why hello!!!
My cold finally loosened it's grips (reluctantly), so now I can function like a human again! Yay!

So while I've been gone, and couch ridden, I've been watching loads of shows/movies/whatnot.  On the very TIP TOP of my list is: Downton Abbey.  Good god, I love this show.  Seriously, in love.  Let me forewarn you though- please start from the beginning and watch them all in a row.  My friend's husband thinks he hates it because he just kind of skipped around.  And now he is doomed to live the rest of his life without knowing the awesomeness that is 'Downton Abbey'. 
Okay, so maybe it's not that dramatic, but you get my drift :). 
So, of course, the outfits are awesome, and the characters are awesome (even if they are "bad guys"). 
I'm so glad it's so popular, because I never want it to end!



'The Lemonheads' concert is finally coming up, and I am super excited :). 
I've seen them once before, and they play an awesome live show.
On top of that, I just found out that the 'Punch Brothers' are playing in Lexington soon, which is equally exciting! 
I'm so excited for Spring/Summer and all the music it brings with it.

Oh yes, I don't know if I've mentioned this, but the band I'm in "Good Night Noises" has 2 new members.  Ahhh, I already love what they've brought to the mix...  The last practice was so great, and I feel like we've moved to a different style completely; which is exactly what I was hoping for.  Some new energy to mix things up!

Hopefully when it gets warmer we will record an ep, and I can share some with you guys :).



What else, what else....?

Oh yes.  So in my sickness, I've also started to harbor a small movie star crush on Jason Ritter. 
You can find him in the likes of 'Good Dick', and 'Peter & Vandy' <--- which by the way is a really good movie I just watched yesterday.
He's a great actor, and seems to be in some of my favorite indie love dramas.  Plus, he is just naturally funny & charismatic, so that doesn't hurt. 
Seriously, watch him in either of the 2 aforementioned movies, and tell me you don't find him adorable!



I went to look at a possible new store location today, and it's a definite no-go.
Hopefully something pops up soon!

Oh man- Jimmy's main band, 'Sweet Ray Laurel' just got asked to play @ Kings Island this summer.  Haha, it's so random, but awesome at the same time!  It's the outdoor stage, and they told them the crowd is usually around 10,000 people.  Uh.  Jesus, right? 

And they just got an offer from a label to put out their new ep!  Wowza!  I'm so proud of them :).



I must go.  And do some actual work :).

But, I leave you with some 'Streets'.  You know, to get the blood flowing. 
Have a great day, ally.

No comments:

Post a Comment