Saturday, February 11, 2012

Stevie.


1990's Gold Heart Necklace (Gift, $0)
1970's 'California' Maxi Dress
(Thrifted, $1)
1970's Brown Pixie Boots (Thrifted, $3)



This dress has been in the shop since Summer, and I've tried it on countless times (I originally bought it for myself).  I don't know why, but I remembered it being a little too revealing in the bust area for my taste...  I have no idea what I was thinking, because it fits perfectly.  So glad I tried it on again!
I can't wait to wear it in Spring with some platform sandals :).

My god, it is cold today people!  Ahh, looks like Newport finally surrendered to Winter.  But, the good news is, is that at least we are getting out it of the way and heading closer to glorious Spring.
I cannot wait for some SUN!  I just do not operate correctly in the Winter.  I'm a summer girl ALL THE WAY. 


Today is finally the day friends!  My friend Lindsay and I are going to 'Melt' to eat in the afternoon, then I'm finishing my dress to wear to the Symphony tonight @ 8pm!  Woohoo!

I'm so pumped to get all dressed up and go to the Music Hall.  Tonight will be 'Romeo & Juliet', followed by some Russian classical (my favorite kind) :).  I'm totally going-all-out outfit wise, and I'm def taking some pictures! 


Okay, so this is super old news, but I have to speak on the subject.  Do you remember when Jay-Z announced that he wouldn't be using profane language against women anymore because he had a daughter?  Ughhh.  Does he not have a Mom?  Does he not in fact have a WIFE?  Do you really need a reason?  And if so, shouldn't all the women surrounding you on a daily basis be enough?

Bahhh.  How insulting...


So, I don't know if you've noticed, but I finally got the 'reply' button added to the comments section!  Now I can actually respond :), so send me some comments!

I have been searching for a new female "soul" singer.  I've been searching high and low, and every decade in between, and can't seem to find what I'm looking for...  Any suggestions are welcome!  BTW, I'm really into the voice & lyrics (if that helps). 
:)


3pm can not come fast enough!  I'm ready to eat some Melt deliciousness...

Can you believe that I will have been vegan for 3 years in July??  That's insane.  It's so funny, because I never, ever thought I would ever go further than Vegetarianism.  And now I will never go back!  I was so addicted to cheese, and really couldn't a life without it.  But man, at this point, it kind of sounds & looks gross!  Weird how quickly your body turns around huh? 

When I was 18 I went vegan (my boyfriend at the time was), and it was the hardest thing EVER.  It was the total opposite experience than what I went through this time around.  It felt so much easier!  So, if you have tried before and failed, don't let that ruin it for you forever.  Things change, and you change :). 


Have an awesome weekend!
  

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on 3 years! I am coming up on 17 years in July and it's crazy - I can't imagine living any other way now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Good for you :). I agree, I can't imagine ever going back!

      Delete