Friday, December 30, 2011

threads.


1950's Velvet Headband (Yard Sale, $1)
Embroidered Silky Romper (Topshop)
Mauve tights
Patent Mary Janes (UO, $10)



Hi folks! 
Chicago was tons of fun, but I'm glad to be home :).  I can't wait to go through my presents, sew, and just organize things. 
-you know you're glad to be home when cleaning sounds fun, lol-
So.  For the first time in years, I didn't find ONE vintage thing in Chicago.  Weird huh?  I found a few things in "normal" stores that I love.  I guess it was bound to happen someday :).



:::Sigh:::
I found this romper in Topshop.  It's the first time I've ever been in one, and my god, is it expensive.  It was on clearance (but still an ungodly price), and I loved it so much, so I tried it on.  I didn't think there was any way it would fit, but wouldn't you know it, it fit like a glove.  I had one grand evening in it, washed it ACCORDING to the directions, and it f-ing shrunk.  I washed it on cold, and hung dry, and the mother still shrunk like 3 inches.  :(   Now I remember why I don't spend money on clothes!! 
Yes, I can still get into it, but it feels tooooo short.  I'm so disappointed :(. 



I have a myriad of work to do today, but I really wanted to post, so forgive me if it's a little brief!


Can you believe tomorrow is New Years Eve??  Crazy!  This last year flew by quicker than any other I've experienced.  Hopefully all of you have some awesome plans, and an even cooler outfit to go with them :). 
I found an amazing caped romper while I was in Chicago, so I might attempt to make it tonight.  We'll see though- not sure if I'll be in the mood just yet. 
In addition to the Chicago presents, I got a yellow tea kettle (!), vintage patterns/fabric, a beautiful necklace, vinyl records, art store gift cards (woohoo!), a dress, etc.  It was an awesome xmas, and I'm so thankful to everyone in my life!



Check out the new 'Oh! Darling' Bags! 
They were a gift from Jimmy's bro/fiance for us to sell in the store :).  So cool!


Behold:
the end to my work coffee addiction!
So. Happy.



Another non-fitting xmas present:
These awesome, awesome 1960's Embroidered Boots. 
I received them from my Mom, and I really want to get the money back for them to give back to her.  I feel so bad that she bought them for me and they didn't work out! 
So, they are a size 6 (give or take), and I'll be listing them on Etsy in an hour or so.  They are so gorgeous!
If you're interested, email me at:  anaveryisland@aol.com



See you soon, ally.








No comments:

Post a Comment