Wednesday, November 30, 2011

xmas.


-my christmas tree-
<3 <3 <3

As for outfit:
1950's Rosy Collared Sweater (Thrifted, $1.50)
Lace Dress (Gifted)
Green Tights
1970's Pixie Booties (Thrifted, $2)

Turns out the universe just does not want me to post an outfit.  Outfit = good.  Photos = bad.  So, I've just included a couple close ups. 


I went thrifting on Monday with my friend Andrea, who apparently is a cardigan finding expert, haha.  She picked this one out of the 'white section' with ease, and graciously let me buy it.  Thank god!  I love this sweater!  It's so warm, and sweet, what with all the tiny rosettes and rhinestones :).  In that same store, I found some awesome pixie booties (pictured below), that I just couldn't resist.  I found out she had tried on the same pair a couple days before, but couldn't fit into them...  Great minds think alike! 


I've finished compiling my xmas list, but I have an arsenal of goodies that will never be cheap enough for me to justify owning (even as a gift).  ::::Sigh::::  But I DO love staring at them :).

(All photos were taken from Etsy or Ebay/they are not mine.)
1960's Embroidered Boots.

A vintage plate 'enhanced' with Patti Smith.

Ughhhh.  I've wanted this ottoman for YEARS, but they are pretty rare, which means they carry a pretty hefty price when you do find one. 

Oh you vintage patterns.  I wish I could own you all!

Lovely backpack.  One day, I will try to make one similar!


I've been listening to the band 'Pens' this morning.  It took me a few listens to really get into the cd when I bought it a couple years ago, but the underlying melodies in their lo-fi, often 'basement recording' sounding songs.  You'll see what I mean.  I love the video :). 
Have a great day, ally.


                              

1 comment:

  1. I love this song, I didn't think anyone else knew it. I love your blog, I always look forward to your outfits. I often gasp "noooo I NEED that!" I wish you're vintage store wasn't so far away otherwise I'd be your # 1 customer.
    *Followed*
    -Zapora Strange

    ReplyDelete