Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sea-ling.


1990's Gap Turtleneck (Thrifted, $1)
1960's Starfish Brooch (Heirloom)
Turquoise Circle Skirt (DIY)
1960's Gold Shell Purse (Estate, $16)
Blue Tights
Flat cut-out Flats ($1)


Last night we watched a movie called "Beginnings".  It stars Ewen McGregor (not sure about the other actors off the top of my head); and could be labeled a drama.  There are so many funny moments, but I shy away from calling it a 'dramedy' simply because it's independent from genre.  It's an artsy, quirky, sad movie, and definitely worth watching when you're in an introspective mood.  As I'm typing this, it occurred to me that this is Miranda July's husbands movie!  Ha- that just made it even better. 


I love Fall, but it certainly changes your mindset pretty dramatically.  I'm not sure I've prepared myself completely just yet.  Since the time change, I've been all out of whack; tired, but not able to sleep, a little melancholy... 


Currently, we are watching Jimmy's parents dogs; which I love!  Staying at their house is like taking a mini vacation.  When you're there, you NEVER want to leave the bed :). 


A friend from high school will be in town tomorrow, and we are meeting up for lunch :).  So I'm not sure if I'll be posting- but, my hours changed again, and I'm back to Tues-Sat. 

I've been writing a new song that I'm really excited about.  It's been a long while since I wanted to record a song of my own.  I still have some work to do, but hopefully in a week or two I'll be able to take it to an open mike night.  All I want to do is play guitar lately :); I'm glad the urge is back.


Now if I could only play guitar like Skip, I'd be set.
Have a super day,
ally.

                              

No comments:

Post a Comment