Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Radical.



'Radical' Tank, U.O.-  Gift
1980's Acid Wash Skirt-  Thrifted, $4.99
Hot Pink Lipstick
Black Velvet Flats


Sorry about the blurry-ish pics today, my camera is being a weirdo! 

Yesterday, I went thrifting at a new spot and found some awesome stuff for myself, which hasn't happened in a while.  This skirt being one of them :).  I would never, ever go out looking for an acid wash skirt (in a million years), but man, I tried it on, and I have to say, I love it!  It looks even cuter in real life. 

The other finds:

1970's dark Denim Knee length Pencil skirt (so coool)
1970's poly Blouse -plaid with little Daisies
1930's style Sheer Floral Bias dress (FINALLY!!!!)
1970's Faded black LEE Jeans (again, FINALLY!)
a pair of 1990's faded Black Jean shorts
1970's Blue floral Sun Dress (have to alter)
& a couple brown Western belts

This new place was a little pricey :(, so I had to put back a couple things.  The place was huge!  I was shopping for a little over 2 hours (it felt like days, haha).  I really needed a good thrift day- haven't had this much success in one store since last summer!




I love this shirt..  Jimmy bought it for me for Valentine's Day <3.  It reminds me of everything I loved in Elementary school; my true being, if you will.  Lol. 

So Jamaica is less than a week away, and I my bathing suit search is finally over!  Praise the bathing suit gods!

After searching high and low for some high waisted bottoms, I finally settled on the 'mix & match' pair from Urban Outfitters.  I originally wanted the plain black pair, but since they are selling out faster than they can keep them in, I opted for the black & striped pair.  While waiting for them to come, I went everywhere (literally) in search of a bright, maybe even neon, solid color bikini top to go with them.  I had absolutely no luck until I went to Dillards.  Dear god, bathing suits are SO expensive these days!  Maybe it's because I haven't shopped in a department store in ages, but holy crap.  The tops were ranging in price from $40-over $100.  For just the top!  Anyway, of course I found the perfect top, but with a price tag that was less than ideal...  I put it on hold, and then ran home to see if there was one cheaper on Ebay.  No luck there :(.  But after the council of my Mom, and Jimmy's Mom - yes, I am that cheap - I decided to give it a go. 
And boy, am I glad I did!  I'm so in love with it, and I'm actually excited to wear it!  I can't remember the last time I was excited to wear a bathing suit (maybe never?), so in the end, I'm glad I splurged. 

I have a one piece 1950's bathing suit, but I really wanted something I could lay out in.  Also, to be honest, I get pretty sick of ordering vintage suits off of the internet which end up not fitting correctly every year...  So it was nice to actually be able to try them on.

To end this very long story, the bottoms arrived yesterday, and they fit great!  When I'm on the beach, I'll try to muster the courage to take a picture to show you :).




Yesterday I finished the book, 'A Paper Life', an autobiography by Tatum Oneal.  Holy moly.  Poor, poor woman..  She had a horrendous childhood, and still to this day has to deal her terrible father, Ryan Oneal.  On the up side, she grew up in Hollywood, so reading this book also gives you insight on the likes of Anjelica Houston, Cher, Madonna, & Melanie Griffith, to name a few.  It's hard to put down- I read in feverishly for 2 days.  It's a great read, even if you aren't into her specifically. 



I've been writing songs like crazy lately.  I've been sewing too, but the urge to play guitar seems to take over my free time most of the time.  My structures are changing, and I tell tell that my abilities are broadening, which is exciting :).  We are currently recording a Good Night Noises demo (with the new folks), so I'll post it at soon as it gets finished. 

Have a great day!  ally. 


1 comment:

  1. pretty cool space u have & awesome ensemble too <3

    Tye
    www.lagelledailydose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete